HCSB The Apologetics Study Bible: Understand Why You Believe (by Ted Cabal)
Real questions. Straight answers. Stronger faith.
With contributions from Chuck Colson, Ravi Zacharias, Norman Geisler, J. P. Moreland and others.
Human beings are the only creatures who ask questions. Major questions:
- Can I know that God exists?
- Am I the product of a blind evolutionary process or was I created by God?
- How strong is the evidence for Jesus' resurrection?
- Is the Bible reliable and true?
- Do I have a destiny beyond my life on Earth?
- Can evil be reconciled with belief in a God who is both all-powerful and all-loving?
The Apologetics Study Bible is a unique resource designed to help people answer important and life-shaping questions. It provides this wealth of knowledge in one place, enabling readers to know the reasons and evidences for the Christian hope and to articulate those reasons to others asking the big questions.
The Features of the Apologetics Study Bible Include:
- Introductions and notes for each of the sixty-six books of the Bible that provide evidence of the reliability and truthfulness of Scripture
- Over 130 articles written by today's leading Christian thinkers dealing with life's ultimate questions
- Twisted Scripture Notes address ways that various religious movements distort Scripture to support doctrines contrary to historic Christian teaching
- Biographical sketches of some of the greatest Christian apologists
- A time line of Christian apologists and their works
- Charts showing important archeological discoveries for both the Old and New Testaments
- A chart showing how the manuscript evidence for the New Testament compares to that of other ancient documents
- Charts comparing world religions and the new religious movements
- Five full-color maps
- An extensive annotated bibliography and much more
Dimensions: 19cm x 25cm
Format: Box set (leather bound)
Publisher: Holman Bible Publishers
Publication year: 2012
No. of pages: 2008